Born in Tottenham in 1927. Educated at Tottenham Grammar School, Studied at Hornsey College of Art
Taught from 1951 to 1980, finally becoming Principal Lecturer and Head of Department at College of St. Mark & St. John. Moved to Landrake, Cornwall when College transferred to Plymouth after which he retired to take up painting full time.
Exhibitions in London at Royal Academy plus Savage, London Hilton and John Whibley Galleries and in Plymouth.
He has received many awards and prizes since 1980 plus commissions by companies in UK and America. Elected to RI in 1999 and full member of St Ives Society of Artists since 2004